The look of the Thar might seem a bit familiar, but no this is not a Jeep Wrangler. You are looking at the new 2021, Mahindra Thar.
Exterior and Design
The off-roader projects an adventurous and independence look with its bold exterior and features like.
- All new roof options. A Hard Top, a First-in-class Convertible Top and an optional Soft Top
- Dual Tone Bumpers
- 45.72 cm (R18) Deep silver alloy wheels
- LED Daytime Running Lamps and LED Tail Lamps
- Front fog lamps
Offered in six different colors; Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Aquamarine, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige.
To provide a comfortable on-road and off-road experience the new Mahindra Thar’s interior has been ergonomically designed to suit not only the driver but also the passengers with multi first-in-class features.
- 18cm Touch Screen infotainment system with Apple Carplay, Android Auto, USB, Navigation
- TFT Multi-Information Display in the Instrument Cluster
- Cruise control, Steering Mounted Audio and Phone Controls
- First-in-class Tyre Direction Monitoring System
- Roof-mounted speakers and Tilt-adjustable steering wheel
- Front-facing Rear seats with 50:50 split
- Sporty front seats with adjustable height and lumbar support for the driver’s seat
- Power windows and HVAC controls
- Central Locking with remote flip key
And many more…
The Mahindra Thar has two optional powertrains,
- A 2.0 Litre mStallion TGDI petrol engine with an output power of 112 kW (150 hp) mated to a six-speed manual transmission with 320 Nm of torque. And
- A 2.2 Litre mHawk diesel engine with an output power of 97 kW (130 hp) mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission delivering 320 Nm of torque.
Both powertrains are also equipped with a shift-on-the-fly 4×4 manual shift transfer case with a low crawl ratio.
The new Mahindra Thar is built and tested on harsh terrain for an exceptional on-road and off-road driving experience. Equipped with various features that improves its handling capability and suits the driver’s driving style when needed.
- Shift on The Fly 4×4 Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Ratio
- Brake locking Differential
- Electromechanical Driveline disconnect
- Body on Frame
- Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
- Independent Front Suspension and Multi link rear suspension
- Class-leading approach (41.8 deg), departure (36.8 deg) and ramp over (27 deg) with a ground clearance of 226mm in unladen condition and wading depth of 650mm.
To keep the driver and passengers safe, the new Mahindra Thar is equipped with some advanced safety features such as:
- Dual Airbags
- Built in Roll-Cage with 3-point seatbelts for all passengers
- Rear Parking sensors
- ABS (Anti-lock braking System) and ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
- ESP with rollover mitigation
- Hill hold and hill descent control