Mitsubishi extents its line-up with the new updated Pajero Sport Exceed 4×4, joining the current 4×2 and 4×4 models. With the new 7-seater configuration, luxurious and more advanced features to stand out from its competitors.
Nic Campbell, General Manager of Mitsubishi Motors South Africa. Says ‘’The new Pajero Sport is extremely important to Mitsubishi Motors and it ticks all the boxes to become our hero model’’.
Biggest exterior change on the new Pajero Sport is obviously the facelift front end. the new Dynamic Shield front grille gives a more bold, tough, and modern look. LED headlights, DRLs with mounted cornering lamps.
Shorter LED rear combination lamps, rear park distance control and the rear spoiler come standard.
Riding on 18-inch alloy wheels with a raised front-end, the Pajero Sport has an approach angle of 30-degree and 24-degree angle departure when needed off-road.
The 2020 Pajero Sport is offered in White Diamond and Graphite Grey Colour.
The interior of the new Pajero Sport is filled with new features and quality materials for a luxurious and comfortable feel for both on-road and off-road with 7-seven leather seats and features like:
- A tilt and telescopic adjustable leather-clad steering wheel with mounted audio and cruise control.
- Full digital instrument cluster.
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth voice control also compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Dual-zone climate control with rear passenger control.
- Electric windows all around.
All models now have additional USB and additional accessory sockets (dual USB for the rear passengers) and a 220AC 150-Watt power plug with full leather throughout the interior.
hill-start assist system (HAS), dusk-sensing headlights, rain-sensing windscreen wipers, rear park distance control and a rear-view camera for safer and easier parking.
The Pajero Sport Exceed model comes with additional advanced features such as
- Power Tilt and Sliding Sunroof
- Mitsubishi Remote Control Connectivity and
- Electronic Tailgate with Dual Kick Sensors
All models are powered by a reliable and powerful 2.4L MIVEC Turbodiesel four-cylinder intercooled turbodiesel engine with an output power of 113 kw mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission delivering 430 Nm of torque. With different selectable off-road modes such as Gravel, Mud/Snow, Sand or Rock through Mitsubishi’s super select 4WD-II system to suits any type of driving conditions.
In terms of safety the Pajero Sport comes packed with some passive and active safety features such as:
- 7 Airbags and ISOFIX child seats anchors
- Stability and traction control (ASTC)
- Anti-lock-Braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Braking Assist System (BAS)
The new Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is offered in the three variants, including the new Exceed, at competitive prices:
- Mitsubishi Sport 4×2 Auto: R609 995
- Mitsubishi Sport 4×4 Auto: R659 995
- Mitsubishi Sport Exceed: R679 995
Along with A 3- year /100 000 km warranty and 90 000 km service plan.